Yields: 16 cupcakes
1 and 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 85g (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk (Please refer notes for substitution)
1/2 cup hot water
2 Caffè di Artisan coffee pods
2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit / 175 Degrees Celsius.
2. Add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk it well. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl, add melted butter and sugar and mix well with a beater, hand whisk or wooden spoon.
4. Add oil and vanilla extract and mix again.
5. Add the egg and mix until it incorporates well, scraping off the sides. Do not over-beat.
6. Add the buttermilk and mix.
7. Add the dry ingredient (flour) to the egg mixture and mix only as needed.
8. Finally, add the hot water and coffee and mix it.
9. Divide the batter into a cupcake tin, lined with paper and fill only until half.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Add chocolate chips to a bowl.
Add simmering hot, heavy whipping cream to the chocolate chips and whisk it up.
Let it cool on the counter and refrigerate for 1 hour to thicken. Add it to a piping bag and use it to frost the cupcakes.