1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Caffè di Artisan coffee pod
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
To reduce the crumbs, while cutting the biscotti, place a knife on top and carefully press it down.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit / 175 Degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. To this add coffee and mix again.
4. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients (All-purpose flour, baking powder, salt)
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
6. The batter will be slightly sticky. Transfer into a parchment paper lined baking tray and flatten it into a log about 4 inches in width and 1/2 inch thickness.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
8. Turn the heat down to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit / 150 Degrees Celsius.
9. Using a serrated knife. Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thickness. Arrange the cut side up on a baking tray and bake for additional 20 minutes. After the 1st 10 minutes, turn the biscotti and bake for additional 10 minutes.
10.Transfer it onto a wire rack.